‘All or nothing’ – Mickey Contractor, Make up Artist, MAC
Calcutta turned ruwoo with love as celebrated Makeup artist, Mickey Contractor, came to town for an interactive session on summer trends 2016, and if that wasn’t enough Karen Thompson, brand manager at MAC Cosmetics, also flew down for a bloggers meet at MAC outlet at Quest Mall . BlabberCat presents to you a quick handy guideline for Summer 2016 makeup trends. But as Mickey says ‘trends are not meant to be copied, inspire from them and suit your skin!’
Top 10 Summer 2016 tricks and picks:
- Highlight over contouring – Contouring became the most searched Make up tutorial on YouTube last year. This time the emphasis is on facial architecture with bronzes, golds, and apricots, without carving out heavy contours or angular lines.
- Variety in texture – Red pouts are now sun kissed with more shades for the day and more textures in our pout palate. Satin, matte, high shine, intense pigment, glitter, pearly or sheen. Tip: Use a lip conditioner and fill the inside of your lips with density.
- Blue and green eyes – Even though smokey eyes are still lingering somewhere but this summer season Ice-lit blues and cosmic greens look serene. Blue liners are also making a come back.
- Raw refined glow – This is the summer bride’s ultimate look to achieve. Even on the most beautiful day of the girl, she wants to remain within the realm of beauty. TIP: A touch of nourishing or Prime Essential Oils.
- Lash – No 7 lashes are for the day and enhanced lashes can be a substitute of an hour long hard work on the face.
- Colour Corrector – Theres a blending point of yellow and orange meant for the average Indian skin and for the under eye it should be peach that successfully blends the needed spots. TIP: Concealers are not meant to cover your flaws, they are there to even out your skin.
- Sparingly – Powder and Fix plus should be used sparingly. Powder just keeps the tone of skin and make up in place but more than that can make it dull. Fix plus should be sprayed very little from far. It doesn’t set the make up as most believe.
To be avoided:
- Too much experiment on a regular day – Make up is meant to make you look attractive and colours such as blues and blacks should be left for those who effortlessly carries it off.
- The face is more important – The vision of the makeup artist should not be interrupted but at the same time the eyeliner cannot be the same for every pair of eyes. Ever feature needs to be in synergy with the application and every skin tone with the palate and texture.
- Don’t match colours to your outfit – Too much coordination not only looks tacky but also makes it to continuous. Maintain some distance if you have to and match your skin tone rather than your dress.
A pressed powder to keep your skin looking mat and oil-free. Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation has been an all-time favourite amongst a lot of Indian customers. Makeup in India has always focused on eyes, with minimal foundation, and strong liners or smoky eyes.
It has been proved that make up is mostly an impulsive buy but who can we blame when we enter the MAC stored and get MACified with long-lasting, non-creasing and visually delicious make up essentials.