Why was I without my phone for so long? It’s not even important. These gadgets are not reliable but some humans close to you are. So I went without my phone for 7 days and here’s what I learnt:
1. People who want to hear from you will find other ways to get in touch with you.
2. The common headache that many people complain off could be due to bad lifestyle including excess usage of cell phones.
3. Conversations on Whatsapp have literally no significance. Face to face conversation can change the game. But this is more for personals relations and not professional. Our professional conversations could be short and crisp but there is no foundation for romance over Whatsapp.
4. No-one is ever too busy. I found my self saving three hours each day not being on the phone.
5. I read more books, articles, painted and solved challenging puzzles.
6. I trained better at the gym.
7. Fell asleep sooner than usual.
8. It’s not important whether you cross levels at a game you’ve been playing on your phone; but it is important if you surpass your own standard in the quality of work you’re doing.
9. Saw a remarkable improvement in my concentration span.
10. Became less restless. I had no idea I had a habit of reaching out to my phone every 10-15 mins even if I had no work on it.
11. Started wearing a watch again.
12. I was less lonely. It’s actually true that I became more social.
- I spent lesser time looking at what the world was up to on my phone and spent more time physically finding out more about ones who matter. Sometimes ignorance is also bliss and no gadget's company can replace that of a beloved.
13. I thought I’ll lose clients but those who want to work with you will wait because creative sync doesn’t come so easily.
14. People are dumber than you think. If they need to urgently tell you something and they can’t get through your phone they rather not deliver the message to you at all unless it’s a phone call. Because how else?
15. Definitley worth doing a phone cleansing week every six months.