Shopping from a pop-up can bedazzle you with the crowd, display of irresistible objects and lack of knowing what you want, which ultimately results in bad decisions. BlabberCat compiled the trend list with #dreamteam fashionpreneur Tavishi Kanoria and stylist Neha Gandhi to help you shop right. This time in fashion weeks we noted down lots of denim in dresses, bottoms and jumpsuits. You’ve already been giving the cold shoulder, try out more dramatic sleeves. The fabric of the season is SHEER coexisting with heavy metallic looks in bling. Palate of Pastels over jewel colors. Wardrobe must-haves include summer capes, draped gowns & draped kurtas, belted saris, asymmetrical hemlines and leather in gowns, accessories & belts.
Here is the ultimate shopping guide for a summer pop-up. And with this we invite you to 'Walk on Air' a 3-day fashion frenzy bringing together the rising stars from the runway along with veterans setting and creating trends.
20-22nd April - 11 AM - 7 PM
Address: Citrine - The Multi Designer Store, Uniworth Center, 70A Shakespeare Sarani, Kolkata, West Bengal 700017
Phone: 033 2281 9728
1. Handloom - organic fabrics , lots of chanderi and linen are every designer's inspiration. Breaking stereotypes such as handloom is only meant for older women or handloom means saree is a dated practice. Support sustainable fashion and textiles of our country.
(Lotus Sutr by Karishma Jamwal)
2. Canary and Ivory - Lots of white and ivory in uncomplicated and unequaled in its simplicity. Shades of yellow conquered hearts and whites continue to make statements.
(Julie by Julie Shah)
3. Capes and Drapes - It functions to cover up a plain and boring outfit. It even adds the layer making any look dressy. A diversified collection of capes in all lenghts is highly reccomended. Drapes, if done beautifully can flatter any body type. Identify and choose your kinds drape.
4. Florals & prints - muted garden prints, stripes and patterns always come back every season in a different form. This time in a lesser quantity but striking enough to be noticed.
(Riddhi and Revika)
5. Yogi style - Comfort comes first and with this also comes the celebration of the multi-faceted women who like to take the 'couch fashion' into the wild. Flexibility in movement and casual chic defines this trend.
(Ravage by Raj Shroff)
1. Handloom Heritage
2. Capes & drapes
3. Flounces, ruffles and volume