Poila Baishak summons a whole new spirit of innovation in food. Yauatcha too, got bitten by the festive bug and created a special menu keeping true to their dimsums. Two platters, one vegetarian and one non-veg, were the result of imbibing the Bengal speciality and Yauatcha delicacy.
BlabberCat presents a close look at what we ate. This time we couldn't justify one winning dish because each dimsum was as craftfully made as the other and had a different flavour.
Regular Platter (Non Veg)
1. Scallop Shui Mai - Open faced dumpling with prawn and scallop filling garnished with Tobiko Caviar.
2. Baked Chicken Puff - Baked dumpling with a filling of chicken and black pepper.
3. Chinese Chive Dumpling - Dumpling made with prawn and chive filling wrapped in skin made from chives juice.
4. Crispy Duck Roll - Duck and Hoisin sauce filling wrapped in a thin wanton skin and deep fried.
Price: Rs 525 plus taxes
1. Baked vegetarian puff - Baked dumpling with a filling of mock meat
2. Fried Turnip Cake with vegetables - Fried cakes made with turnip, carrot, shiitake mushroom and served with shallot and garlic.
3. Crispy Asparagus Pumpkin and corn roll - corn asparagus roll wrapped in thin wanton sheet and deep fried
4. Vegetable Chive dumpling - dumpling with celery, carrot, yam, bean filling wrapped in skin made with chive juice.
Price: Rs 425 plus taxes
Time period: 7th April to 16th April 2017
Timings: 12 noon to 11pm.